This Privacy Statement describes how we use data relating to anyone using this website and any other of our managed websites ("the Site"). "We" or "us" are Sological Solutions Ltd, located at 15 Whitehall Court, Upper Saxondale, Radcliffe-on-Trent, Nottingham NG12 2NJ.
GIS247 is the e-learning service provided by Sological Solutions Ltd.
Sological Solutions Ltd complies with all applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (œGDPR) (œData Protection Laws). Your privacy is very important to us.
We will only collect, hold, use and/or process (together œprocess) your personal information where we are legally allowed to do so
We will ensure that your personal information is:
* processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently
* collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes
* adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for the processing
* kept accurate and up to date
* only kept for so long as is necessary
* processed securely using appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure integrity and confidentiality
Why Personal Information Is Collected
We process your personal information for a number of reasons. Primarily this will be to enable you to buy or use our products, services, training, access our site, or to send you, or allow you to access, our marketing material. We only process your personal information in accordance with the law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation, as set out in this privacy notice.
For us, the lawful basis which we rely on will fall into one of the following:
Contractual performance: where we process your personal information for contractual performance
This includes enabling us to take steps you request prior to us entering into a contract; and then once we have entered into a contract, to enable us to perform the contract and to provide you with the products and services. We will process your personal information in accordance with the contract.
Legitimate interests: where we process your personal information for our legitimate interests
We are a commercial organisation engaged in the provision of geographic information systems and associated services. We have an interest in promoting, marketing, selling, and supporting our products and services. Where we process your personal information for our interests we will do so only where we have carefully considered both our and your interests. We will not process your personal information if our interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Consent: where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information
There may be circumstances where we need to or are required to obtain and/or rely upon your consent to process your personal information. If this is the case, we will give you:
* the reason for needing your consent, including details as to how we will process your information
* the choice as to whether to provide consent
* information to enable you to withdraw your consent
How We Use Personal Information
Your personal information will be processed if you are a customer, use our website, attend one of our events, contact us or if you are a supplier.
* We will only send you marketing material if you have expressly stated that you wish to receive such information.
* We will send you news updates as part of our training service if you are a customer of that service.
* You may, at any time, review the personal information we hold about you by visiting the ˜My Profile™ section of the Site. If this section is unavailable at the time you try to access it, for any reason, you may request us to supply this information in writing. You can make such a request at any time. A small fee may be payable. If you would like details of information we hold about you supplied in writing, please write to us at the above address.
* If any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please amend that information in the ˜My Profile™ section of the Site. Alternatively, provide details concerning why the information is incorrect or not complete together with the correct information. We will then correct the personal information we hold about you.
* In order to provide our service we need to collect personal information about you when you either (a) register as the GIS Training Administrator for your Company; (b) are granted access to the Site by your GIS Training Administrator “ you will then be required to complete the ˜My Profile™ section of the Site to use the Services supplied by the Site; (c) you register to access the trial section of the Site; (d) you submit a query to us through the ˜Contact Us™ section of the Site; (e) you request information to be sent to you about us or about the services we offer; (f) register to attend a training or other event; (g) register to receive newsletters or other information that we may send out from time to time.
* We will send you licence expiry reminders, renewal information, target reminders and progress updates related to using our training services.
* We need to make you aware that when you access the Site, a small file (a "cookie") is stored on your computer in order for us to recognise you and allow you to login. Continued use of GIS247 assumes that you accept these conditions.
The Personal Information We Process
The personal information that we usually collect usually (but not always) will consist of: salutation, your name, title, address, country, employer™s name, email address(es), telephone numbers, country. The provision of some of this information is necessary for us to provide our Services.
We may also collect information about your computer, such as your IP address, browser, operating system, domain name, access times and period of access. This information is used to maintain the quality of the Services we offer and to maintain the security of the Site.
When you access the Site, you will need to use your user id (this may be your email address) and a password. A password will be allocated to you when you first join the site. We also hold this information.
Whilst you use the Site, we may also collect information about which pages you visit and which Services you use.
If you attend one of our events we may also collect dietary information.
Additional information may be required if we need to take a payment from you for Services that you wish to access. In this case, we will request additional information necessary for billing and/or postage reasons. This will include, but is not limited to, invoice name, invoice address, delivery address and payment card details. Alternatively, we will require bank account details, such as sort code and account number.
In the case of billing and payment, certain information may have to be supplied to an outside payment card processing company to process a payment. In such a case, we will only supply the information required for the purpose it is required.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We will never sell your information to a third party.
We will only share your information with a third party or transfer your data outside of the UK if we need to. Where we do this, we will comply with all our legal obligations and we ensure that there are adequate protections in place to protect your information.
If we need your consent we will:
* explain why we need to share your personal information
* explain the purpose for which we will be sharing it
* provide you with details of the third party
* obtain your explicit consent for such.
You will be able to easily withdraw your consent in the same way in which you gave it.
Where we rely on a different lawful basis, such as ˜legitimate interests™ or ˜contractual™, we will do so only to the extent permitted by such lawful basis.
Organisations with whom we may share your personal information with include:
* Those whom we use for our back-office systems, for the purpose of hosting those back-office systems.
* The third-party owner or licensor of any third-party software and/or third-party data, for the purpose of licensing and administering access, use and support of the third-party software and/or third-party data.
* Those acting on our behalf for our conferences, events, or webinars, for the purpose of providing the facilities, to enable the conference, event, or webinar to take place, and where applicable to ensure your safety.
* Venues used to deliver our external training courses, for the purpose of enabling the delivery of the training and to ensure your safety when onsite at that venue.
The Duration We Keep Personal Information For
* In all cases we will only keep your personal information for as long as we have a lawful basis for processing it.
* Where you enter into a contract and/or place an order, we will keep your information for the duration of the contract and/or order, and thereafter for such period as we are permitted by law (to comply with financial legislation), or for so long as is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
* Where you have made a general or specific enquiry but have not entered into a contract or placed an order with us, we will keep your information until that enquiry is resolved.
* Where you have expressly consented to and/or subscribed to marketing, newsletters, events information or to any other form of communication, we will keep your information only whilst your consent and/or subscription is valid.
Where we no longer need your information and no longer have a basis for keeping it, we will delete it within 6 months.
Securing your Personal Data
We place a great deal of importance on the security of all personal information. We have in place appropriate technical and security measures which are reviewed routinely.
We respect and place significant importance on your rights. In summary, your rights include the right to:
* Basic information (such as our identity, or that of the controller if not us, the reason and basis on which we process your personal data, together with as much information to ensure fairness and transparency) and to be informed
* Object: to object to processing of personal data where such is done by us in certain circumstances, for example for our legitimate interests or direct marketing
* Withdraw consent: to withdraw your previously given consent
* Access: to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing
* Rectification: to correct personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
* Erasure: to request the removal or deletion of personal data
* Restrict processing: to restrict the processing of personal data
* Data portability: to obtain and reuse personal data
* Be aware of any automated decision making or profiling, and to request such is restricted
If you wish to object or to withdraw consent, you may contact us though one of the methods detailed below and via our ˜contact us™ section. In addition, where we have sent you an update, news or marketing email, we will have provided an ˜unsubscribe™ or ˜set your preferences™ or ˜opt-out™ link which you can use to stop any future marketing communications.
Concerns or Complaint
If you have a concern or complaint about our processing of your personal information, then you may contact us via one of the methods below. We will endeavour to resolve or address your concern or complaint. If we are not able to do so you may be entitled to complain to the supervisory authority and/or seek a remedy through the courts.
Please contact us by one of the following means:
* Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Telephone us at: +44 (0)115 9336633
* Write to us at: 15 Whitehall Court, Upper Saxondale, Radcliffe-on-Trent, Nottingham NG12 2NJ.
This statement was last updated May, 2018
Sological Solutions™ board of directors has approved this statement.